News Home RSS Feed

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September is Library Card Sign-Up Month

A library card can be many things: an educational tool, a research aid, a means of escape, and so much more. It opens up a huge world of books, movies, music, and other media, which in turn leads to knowledge, entertainment, and enrichment.

In these tight economic times, a library card is more valuable than ever. The good news is that a majority of Americans recognize this fact: A 2008 Harris poll indicated that 68% of Americans already have a library card. The other 32%, though, obviously have no idea what they’re missing. So why not help them find out?

The American Library Association has designated September as Library Card Sign-Up Month. Their website offers a number of PSAs and resources featuring honorary chairman and baseball legend Cal Ripken, Jr. Libraries can use these resources to encourage community members to sign up for library cards and discover all the library has to offer.

Is your library planning any events or promotions for Library Card Sign-Up Month? Tell us all about it in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think! Just be sure to leave your name and email address or your username, so we can respond appropriately.